|Satvinder Singh & Harvinder Singh - Asa Di Waar|
Please login to submit reviews
Very Very Very soul touching.. !!
Asa dee var...
No doubt this duo brothers satvinder and harvinder are doing perfect job with their sweet voice along with clearity.
Kirtan has to be such that one could atleast understand the word clearly which is being pronounced.
Keep it up brothers.
This is the best version I have ever heard. But I agree with one of the previous reviews that flute sounds little out of place and repeated alaaps or musical extensions make this very prolonged to be enjoyed in one sitting
My previous Review is just my personal opinion.
You might have a different one. Please excuse me if you think otherwise, and relax before sending me a flame email.
Given a chance, I would like to delete that review, as Bhai Satvinder Singh Ji is a great Raagi and I love to listen to his other creations, like "Koi Bole Ram Ram" etc.
It is very fantastic voice of the singers.
At very early I was not very entrusted in listening the BANI, but after listening Bhai Satvinder Singh & Harvinder Singh Ji there is no a day without BANI.My wife also very entrusted in Gurbani Kirtan. God save me.
Talented but bad direction
I may be a very small entity to comment on such talented singers, musicians and most of all Guru Ke Sikh. But following is what I personally feel:
I can feel the amount of Riyaaz, talent and labor that has gone into making of this album. However I didn't like it for the following reasons:
1. I am skeptic if this is a perfect "Raja Asraaj kee Dhuni". I think its modified. The musicians although have put lot of talent, but in a way modified the actual Dhuni.
2. I didnt like the Flute-like sound in the album. Sorry, but it sounds more like a Bhajan, not Gurbani.
3. There is a lot of un-sung space. The alaaps are too long, that throws the pleasure out, that the audience get when the Gurbani is being sung with Tabla and other Saaz. Would have been better if all/most of it were SUNG with small alaaps in between.
4. All the "Sur" are too loud (high pitched) to give any melody during the morning hours.
What are liked:
1. The tunes of all Shabads sung in Asa Di Waar by Bhai Satvinder Singh & Harvinder Singh have intrictate details. Very awesome talent.
2. The Tabla-Vaadak is extra-ordinary.
In conclusion: I would NOT like to listen to it (especially in the morning hours). The album is useful if I am trying to perfect my own music and looking for intricate Saaz, Singing and Sur details.
This may be appreciated by someone who listens to Hinduish Bhajans etc.
However, somebody who has been a fan of Gurbani might not like its music direction.
Jagmeet Singh Hanspal
by Satvinder Singh & Harvinder Singh
- Aapne Sevak Ki Aape Raakhai
- Asa Di Waar
- At Ucha Ta Ka Darbaara
- Darshan Dhekh Jeewan Gur Tera
- Deen Dayal Bharose Tere
- Dhan Dhan Hamare Bhaag
- Har Jeeo Kirpa Karoh
- Japji Sahib Raehras Sahib
- Jyo Jaanoh Tyon Raakh
- Karaj Tera Hovai Poora
- Kaun Jaane Gun Tere
- Khojte Badbhagi Ram Ram Bol
- Koi Bole Raam Raam
- Lakh Khushian Paatshaheeaa
- Nirgun Raakh Liya
- Ram Ben Bajai
- Saachi Baani
- Satgur Hoye Dayal
- Selected Saloks Bhagat Kabir & Sheikh Farid
- Soee Soee Devai (Aaj More Aaye Hain)
- Sukhmani Sahib
- Sun Sakhiye
- Tu Thakuro Beragaro
- Vade Mere Sahiba
Genre: Gurbani Ucharan
- Harjinder Singh (Sri Nagar Wale) - Aarti, Chopai Sahib, Simran
- Pishora Singh (Damdami Taksal Wale) - Aad Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Da Sahaj Path Vol 46-66
- Shri Guru Granth Sahib - Shri Guru Granth Sahib Part 3 (Pages 506 to 732)
- Pishora Singh (Damdami Taksal Wale) - Aad Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Da Sahaj Path Vol 01-11
- Pishora Singh (Damdami Taksal Wale) - Aad Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Da Sahaj Path Vol 12-22
- Niranjan Singh (Jawaddi Kalan Wale) - Asa Di Vaar
- Satvinder Singh & Harvinder Singh - Asa Di Waar
- Miss Pooja - Ek Onkar
- Gurmail Singh (Hazoori Ragi Sri Darbar Sahib Amritsar) - Asa Di War
- Pishora Singh (Damdami Taksal Wale) - Aad Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Da Sahaj Path Vol 45-55
|| Sikh Sangeet | Sikh Sangeet Forum | Sikh Sangeet Gallery | Sikh Sangeet Uploader | Sikh Sangeet Directory | DholCutz Bhangra Radio | Punjabi Jawani Chat Forum ||